Diygogo Community Interest Company
By providing an online service where users can exchange re-usable building materials, DIYgogo seeks to reduce the amount of construction waste that is incinerated or land filled.
Our goals -
• To increase the up-cycling of construction materials.
• To reduce the use of unsustainable disposal chains.
• To increase property maintenance and restoration opportunities for all.
DIYgogo Community Interest Company is a private company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales with the Community Interest Company Regulator, registered number 11385877. The registered office address is Jury’s Gap Farmhouse, Jury’s Gap, Camber, East Sussex, TN31 7SH. Incorporated 31st May 2018 with 3 directors, and 2 part time staff.
We intend to scale the project to provide a UK wide service. Our annual target from the launch of the smartphone application is 5000 registered users, 25,000 completed exchanges and financial sustainability. Our statistics will be reviewed quarterly within the year.
- DIYgogo will increase the up-cycling of construction materials that can be reused, reducing the demand on virgin materials used for producing new products, and all environmental cost resultant of this process; mining, production C02, distribution C02, packaging etcetera.
- DIYgogo will be an example of the benefits that up cycling can bring, and will be an active component in the circular economy. This will also reduce the use of unsustainable disposal chains, such as incineration and landfill.
- DIYgogo may reduce the occurrence of flytipping - this especially moot with the closure of many tips.
- Users of the service will benefit from the availability of cheaper/free building materials, creating more property maintenance and restoration opportunities for all.
We intend to cover our costs with user donations made through the Stripe Gateway. We have alternative income streams if this proves to be unsuccessful.