Philani Maternal Health And Nutrition Clinic
The Philani Maternal, Child Health and Nutrition Trust has been addressing maternal, child health and nutrition problems in the informal settlements surrounding Cape Town since 1979. Philani’s mandate is sustainable community health, and, over the years, we have developed programmes to meet the needs of the communities we serve. As an organisation we aim to improve health outcomes by combining our skills and resources with the knowledge and resources that exist in the community.
Our programmes promote family health, focusing on the support of pregnant mothers, care for new born babies and children as they grow, prevention of child malnutrition and the rehabilitation of underweight children. We are committed to limiting the suffering of families infected and affected by HIV and preventing the spread of the virus.
- 192 396 HOUSEHOLDS HAVE BEEN VISITED BY OUR MENTOR MOTHERS SINCE THE BEGINNING OF 2014
- WE HAVE 248 CHILDREN ENROLLED IN OUR EDUCARE CLASSES
- 50 WOMEN BENEFIT FROM SKILLS DEVELOPMENT ON OUR INCOME GENERATION PROGRAMME
- 27 OF EVERY 1000 CHILDREN BORN IN SOUTH AFRICA DIE BEFORE THEY REACH THEIR FIRST BIRTHDAY - 35% OF PREGNANT MOTHERS IN COMMUNITIES THAT WE SERVE ARE HIV POSITIVE.
- SOUTH AFRICA HAS ONE OF THE LOWEST RATES OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING IN THE WORLD.
We give all of our resources to the mothers and children we serve which is why we have no social media/marketing (which you can see). It would be amazing to receive some support and guidance on marketing and brand strategy. I myself am a volunteer but I know if we can get the word out about the amazing work Philani is doing, it would bring in more resources and support for our clinics.